Followers

Thursday 8 January 2015

Not such a happy little me

Hello, my lovely blog friends. Hope you're keeping well and have had a happy Christmas and new year time. It hasn't been such a happy time here as my darling dad suddenly and sadly passed away on December 29th.
 
For a chap of 85, he had been in reasonable health, although he had been having a few issues caused by low white blood cell counts, but after a transfusion last year, he had appeared to have got over this. Anyway, he had been feeling poorly on Christmas eve but at the time Mum thought it just to be a bit of a "bug", they came to my house boxing day and he managed a little dinner but really wasn't himself. By the next day we'd had the doctor out to him and by the evening we had him taken into hospital as it was clear that he wasn't well at all. After being admitted onto a ward and meds being given to treat a chest infection/pneumonia. On the Sunday night, the phone call came that he wasn't likely to make the night, we rushed to the hospital and when we got there the Doctors were with him, but it was too late and he was gone. 
 
I wanted to share this photo as, when I was a little girl, I was always holding on to my Dad's hand and this was the very last thing I did too.
 
He was a lovely soul, a proper "old school" gentleman and always had time for everyone. He never swore and very rarely spoke badly of anyone, he also had a wonderful sense of humour too.....which I definitely have inherited.  I miss him so much, but I do take comfort in knowing that he went peacefully.
 
His funeral will be next Friday, and as I type I am in the process of printing out the Order of Service sheets (this is largely why I have the time to write this post)  
 
As you can imagine, this is a time to be focussing on family, rather than crafting or blogging, but I will be back with you all soon xx

.......just to add, and I know my Dad would chuckle and agree - this wasn't a recent photo!

14 comments:

  1. Lisa so sad to hear the new about your wonderful Dad. Sending my condolences to you and your family Hugs Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read this Lisa, thinking of you. Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our thoughts dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Lisa for your loss thinking of you sending you hugs
    Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dad sounds a True Gentleman Lisa and you are right to be very proud of him . Beautiful photo , hugs xxx Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lisa, I am sorry to hear your sad news. It sounds like your dad was a wonderful and very special man. Such a beautiful photo.
    Sending you hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss Lisa, sending big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear you very sad news Lisa. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    Hugs, Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I truly am so sorry for your loss Lisa. I'm sure all your crafting buddies are thinking of you. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. You were obviously very close. Keep the happy memories in the forefront of your mind and celebrate his life. Big hugs to you and all your family xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a dreadful time for you and your family. I am so glad to hear he didn't suffer and you have so many wonderful memories together. My sympathy to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by, and taking time to leave a comment, always very much appreciated, Lisa xx