Followers

Thursday 19 April 2018

Sunny Greetings!

Hello my lovely blog chums, hope you're having a great week, Wow, what are difference we enjoying in the weather this week. As good fortune would have it, I had booked this week off from work ages ago, just to use up a but of annual leave. I had a vague hope of getting a bit of gardening done, but when we started to notice the promising weather forecast, hubby decided that it would be good for us....and our dog Nippy, to have a few days away in the caravan. We had just had a weekend away before we sadly lost our other dog, Daisy, and the last few days have been really cathartic for us all. Nippy had been so gloomy at home, and it was an absolute joy to see him running around and looking like he was really enjoying himself.

The card I am sharing today, is also linked to Daisy.....I had actually started making this on the Saturday afternoon, following us taking her to the vets. At the time it served as a distraction, but after losing her two days later, I almost chucked it away....I stopped myself though, and am actually quite happy with it after all!
I
This little darling from, Lee Holland is one of my favourite images at the moment....I have coloured with ProMarker pens, and mounted onto a Nellie Snellen die. The pretty paper is from a Trimcraft stack, the flower die is from Your Next Die, and this is also a big fave at the moment....the buttons are all from a local haberdashery store.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
passion for promarkers buttons and/or bows
crafty calendar challenge buttons and/or bows
di's digi designs hand coloured images

Before I go,  I just wanted to share a photo of our lil boy having a lovely mooch around the Lower Leas Gardens in  Folkstone. As cute as he looks I am also intrigued by a plant in the background......it's  the really vibrant green one, and i would love to know what it is called.....so if anyone has any idea????




12 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, love the card, so glad you didn't throw it away it's lovely. Lovely photo of Nippy
    .
    The plant is "Euphorbia" you can get it in reds and oranges and this gorgeous lime green, we have a couple in the garden, if you get one, make sure you cut the flowers off before they set seed, unless you want a few more in the garden. Love them though and intend to get a couple of other colours.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your help Faith, I work in a Homebase store, but have never seen them in our garden centre....will have to see if i can track some down elsewhere

      Delete
  2. A lovely card Lisa and very pretty papers. I went to a craft fair at the weekend and finally succumbed to the flower die. Please to hear you had a nice few days away and that Nippy is hopefully getting his mojo back x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNEW you'd crack eventually...cant wait to see you using it xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Lisa, your post just broke my heart. There's little that tears our hearts apart more, than losing a precious furry loved one (been there 😔) I'm so sorry for your loss 💜 Your card is really lovely - such sweet colours and a lovely image. A piece of your soul, and Daisy's, will always be woven into it. Glad you could get away a bit to enjoy your good weather. Little Nippy looks delighted with his good fortune! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Passion for Promarkers 💜
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how cute!!! That little girly is so sweet and I LOVE those flowers you used; so fun!! Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! I'm surprised you managed to make such a cheerful card after your heart-breaking loss (probably your way of trying to help lighten your mood) but I'm so happy that you didn't throw it away as it's so lovely. The image is rather sweet so I can see why she is your favourite at he moment. Fab flowers with the button centres.
    We tend to forget that our companions are not just with us but also their other non human friends and feel their loss just as much as we do. It's great to see Nippy having some fun. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely gorgeous Lisa! The image is so sweet and I just love this flower die, will have to look out for it! Glad you were able to make the most of the lovely weather and I'm sure it helped after your recent loss. I'm so glad you entered this card in my challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers and I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations soon. Hugs,Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card Lisa. You've coloured the image perfectly and the papers are gorgeous. I'm glad it was a distraction during your recent sad loss. Dogs become our babies don't they and leave such a huge gap in our hearts. It's lovely to hear that Nippy had a nice few days away too. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Lisa. Cute image. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by, and taking time to leave a comment, always very much appreciated, Lisa xx