Followers

Thursday 23 March 2017

Sending Smiles

Good Morning to you all, and I wish you a very Happy Thursday. It's a cold and damp morning here, and I am blogging now, as a bit of a housework dodge....the washing up, the laundry waiting to go in the machine, the wheely bin waiting to be put out, the dusting, hoovering and ironing, can wait till after I've had a cuppa, right!

Enough of that gloomy talk, as my most recent cards have all been DT work, I decided to add a "just for fun" card.....and this was a fun card to make. I was recently lucky enough to win a Little Miss Muffet voucher and this in one of my chosen digi's.....she is a Polka Dot Pal, by the name of Sally and is a little treat to colour. The papers came from a pad that I got in The Works just before I went away to Scotland, and it wasn't until last Thursday that I'd actually had time and opportunity to play - then I opened the paper pad an instantly had that "oh my gosh, these are far to pretty to use, I must save them and stroke them forever" feeling.....I had to push past this feeling, and like I say, I really enjoyed making this card.

Today's card features:
  • Polka Dot Pal, Sally from Little Miss Muffet
  • coloured with promarkers
  • Dovecraft paper stack from The Works
  • balloon die was a magazine freebie
  • sentiment from LC designs
I would like to enter these challenges:
Passion for Promarkers challenge - 387 Girl Power
Little Miss Muffet - challenge #159
As you like it - favourite colouring medium - for me it would have to be my trusty Promarkers. When I first started adding my own "colouring" to my cards, I tried watercolour pencils and paints with mixed results, then I started to see the beautiful results people were creating using the likes of Promarkers and Copics, so I took the plunge, bought myself a starter bundle of pro's and have never looked back. I love the ease of use, the range of available colours....and whilst I would be the first to admit, I still have a long way to go with my blending and shading - I do feel confident and happy using these.

have a great day all, and thanks again for your visit xx

8 comments:

  1. Ah this is so sweet, what a cute image, it made me smile. Thanks for sharing on my themed challenge over on Passion for Promarkers this week, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Lisa, super cute image
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is so sweet! What a cute image and fab card!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this card Lisa, the colours are so pretty and the image is fab...I loved my space hopper!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Lisa. I love your colouring. Thanks for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Lisa, a sweet image and lovely colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Lisa.I love the fab fun image and your peach colours are beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this adorable card with us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! Congrats on your win! Such a cute image!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by, and taking time to leave a comment, always very much appreciated, Lisa xx