Followers

Wednesday 26 April 2017

Have I got news for you......

Hello there and thank you so much for visiting me today. In response to my post title, Yes I have got news for you.....so I do hope you will bear with me whilst I witter on!

Ok, where to start......so you know that feeling when you're really happy with your DT work, you feel like you're on top of everything and you're actually really enjoying it - then you notice that one of the challenges that you always look out for, and look forward to, is holding a DT Call.....and that little voice at the back of your head says "why not give it a go" - well I had one of those moments, and guess what, I was only invited to join the team!!!! So I am now very excited to announce that.......

I have for you today, my very first card as a member of this team, so lets start with the all important sketch
we are very kindly being sponsored Digistamp Boutique

and here is my card
MY DT CARD FEATURES:
  • Dolly Daydream image from Digistamp Boutique,with accompanying sentiment
  • coloured with promarkers
  • dotty papers from Annamarie designs, other dp from stash
  • Magnolia, lovely fence die
  • ribbon from local haberdashery store
  • card candi from craftworks
I thoroughly enjoyed using this sketch, maybe you will be inspired to use it too.....we would love for you to join in with this challenge!
In other news, we have a new addition to the family.....not another dog or small person but a 4 berth caravan! When I was young we had an Alpine Sprite, and had some wonderful holidays with it and these memories are now very special to me. For many years it had been a pipe dream for Alistair and I to have a little caravan of our own and we recently decided to take the plunge. We decided to be fairly sensible and go for a decent second hand one, while we are finding our camping feet.....and we have just had our first little weekend away with it. I am happy to report that despite a few hiccups getting the awning built up (this involved a fair amount of headscratching, staring at diagrams, glaring at each other, throwing poles down in a strop, sulking in the car for 10 minutes, more head scratching and then almost bursting into tears of joy when an old chap shuffled across the field, having seen us struggling for a while and ended up helping is put it together in no time at all) we actually had a really enjoyable and very relaxing time.



 as you can see Nippy is already taken with this 

we were staying at a campsite in a beautiful part of Kent surrounded by endless countryside, so had some wonderful walks with the dogs.


We are hoping to have another long weekend away in the next few weeks, so maybe I will have more tales to share with you.

If all this wasn't enough, I was also lucky enough to be the winner of the April Lili of the Valley challenge winner and I have mentally spent my voucher several times over - I love that LOTV now have digi stamps too.

If you're still with me.....thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings, have a great day xx

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and wonderful photo's Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations on your new team place, Lisa and for the new 'motoring' addition to your family! Gorgeous card! Love that scrummy ribbon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you on all three counts!! You do realise that I shall be expecting you to pay a visit to Dorset don't you!!? Love your debut card and such a great Sketch, I am going to try and find time to play along Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new design team position, look forward to seeing your creations. Happy Caravaning !!!Cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card this week. The fence in the image and your fence border are just perfect. I giggled a bit reading your struggles with the new caravan. Anyone who camps can soo relate. My hubby and I once had a enormous fight trying to put up a tent in a rainstorm. But, those moments pass and then you have a grand time with the family in the wonderful outdoors! Welcome to the team!
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new DT Lisa, love your gorgeous card... wonderful news about your caravan, enjoy! Well done also on your LOTV win :)
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Congratulations Lisa on all your fantastic news!! Fabulous start to being on the team with this happy, cute card! Love the sheep with the fun sentiment. Your take on the sketch is wonderful, they'll be very happy they chose you to join the team.
    I'm so pleased for you fulfilling your long held wish with your caravan, you'll be able to go where you want, when you to and take the dogs too. Good job the guy came to help you out, you wouldn't wanted to have spoilt your first outing with a divorce :D!
    Congratulations on your win at LOTV too! With the new stamps coming out you'll have great fun spending your voucher. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW lots of great news in your life, how lovely and Congratulations. I Love your take on the sketch, such a pretty card and LOVE the iamge.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dolly Daydreamer couldn't be any cuter...love the fence, trim, and the heart paper with the polka dot paper. Congratulations and welcome aboard at SSW2!
    Hugs,
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to SSW2 DT!!
    Such a great card. Love the Fence and ohhhhhh....Do I love that ribbon! Have a super week and lots of fun with the new caravan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A pretty card Lisa, such a fun image and lovely colours.
    Your caravan looks fabulous, I hope you enjoy many wonderful breaks in it.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, Lisa and congratulations on your new DT position too!

    Thanks for joining us at a Gem of a Challenge - hope you'll be back for our new challenge tomorrow.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new DT post Lisa! Your first card is so cute. I hope you have lots of lovely breaks in the caravan and I'm sure your little doggies will love all the new walks too! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome Lisa! I love this card, that fence is perfect, super cute!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. A brilliant card Lisa and great to have you on the team.
    Happy camping!
    Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just popping back again...... Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge with your gorgeous card :)
    Hugs
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by, and taking time to leave a comment, always very much appreciated, Lisa xx