Followers

Wednesday 30 October 2013

A Big Purple Tea Cup.....and the pitter patter of tiny paws!!!

Hello and thank you for stopping by today, hope you are well.
As my kids are on their half term break, I am taking the rest of this week and some of next off from work....Yay, I am soooo looking forward to a lay-in tomorrow!
I'll come onto todays card in a mo, but first I have a bit of news to share.......Ok, so you may know that earlier in the year we took in a rescue dog called Daisy, anyway, when the vet checked her over, before she came to live with us, he couldn't determine whether or not she'd been "done"....turns out not because she came into season in September and despite our best efforts to keep them apart, Nippy managed to..... well, I'm sure you know where this is going, and we are now a few weeks away from the arrival of a bundle of west highland/jack Russell/shih Tzu pups. To say I am feeling a little anxious about the arrival and care of these little things, is a bit of an understatement.....(if any of you have had any experience in this and can offer me any tips or advise, please do either here or if you would prefer to email me).......but we will give it our best! I have put my foot down right from the start, that we will not be keeping any of the puppies though as two is quite enough. I will keep you all informed as we get closer and I'm sure there will be photo's aplenty too.
 
So, back to the card, and this was made for a lovely friend from work. Thought I would  give the paper stash a rest and use an embossing folder that hasn't got out and about much recently.
The image is from Bugaboo, and is coloured with promarkers.
Have used elegant swirls cuttlebug folder, also lacy circles die for the sentiment. The ribbon is from my local haberdashery and pearls from Hobby house.
I would like to enter this into these challenges:
simon says stamp - anything goes
i love promarkers - anything goes
lexis creations - birthday celebrations

thanks again for your visit, hope you''ll come back soon xx

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, sounds like you are going to have your hands full soon Lisa. I am sure the puppies will be adorable but I can understand your worries, hopefully you will be able to get some good advice. I look forward to seeing some photos!

    Your card is gorgeous, I love the image and the white embossing gives such an elegant look
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Lisa and congrats on the impending arrivals. Would be a good idea to ring the vets for advice, and keep me away as I would be tempted to have one of the puppies x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lisa. Good luck with the puppies when they arrive!! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card and a lovely layout.
    Sorry I can't help with the dog as I am a petless (new word I've invented LOL) person :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty Lisa. Good luck with the new arrivals! Thanks for sharing with us at Lexis, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like ur going to be busy lisa! Good luck with that one! Lovr ur card - thst swirlt embossing is just fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Lisa. I don't use my embossing folders enough and this has inspired me to blow the dust off them again.
    All the best for when the puppies arrive. Photos please! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Lisa, nice to see an embossed background for a change x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful lovely embossing and colours..
    Hope all goes well with the new arrivals.
    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. a gorgeous card with a very fine colouring!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a really beautiful card Lisa, I love the embossed background. Sounds like the pups are going to be real " Cutie Pies" (sorry, couldn't resist!!), I can't wait to see what they are going to look like!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card Lisa love the colour and the embossing. Can't wait to see what the puppies look like but I don't blame you for not wanting to keep any, but I bet you fall in love with at least one of them lol. Hope everything goes well keep us posted. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty CAS design ..love the embossed background
    Thanks for joining us at the I ♥ ProMarkers challenge.
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the embossing and the ribbon!

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so beautiful lisa.gorgeous pretty image and embossing :D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous
    Hugs Kate xx
    GDT Lexie's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Lisa, so pretty, I love the embossing folder you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by, and taking time to leave a comment, always very much appreciated, Lisa xx