Followers

Wednesday 14 October 2020

The one with the advent calendar

Hello there my lovely blog chums, I hope you are having a good week. We continue to be going through such unsettled and difficult times, so I hope that you are able to find things each day to make you smile.



Something different from me again today, I am adding this today as I have a challenge in mind, but also because I intend to deliver this to my Grandsons tomorrow, whilst I know that we are still able to visit.
I made the first of these advent calendars very early during lockdown, and that one will be used here. I was quite pleased with how it turned out so I decided make one for Alex and Will. I've since made a further one for my daughter and her boyfriend and have started another for my grandchildren in Scotland. If nothing else, 
making these has kept me busy, especially of an evening......there's not that much on TV that I bother with.
I am using a stocking die cut, with felt from Hobbycraft and have hand stitched every single one......they may not look perfect, but hopefully that adds to the charm. I found the wooden numbers on ebay. They each have a wooden peg and are attached to thick twine. The boys don't eat sweeties, so I have used first sized crayons for each day, and got a couple of super cute colouring books to accompany. 

I would like to enter these challenges please:
As You Like It favourite non-card project 
I love working with felt, and this has given me something positive to focus on, during difficult days.....also kept my hands busy, thus, out of the cake tin!!!
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge  anything goes, as long as its Christmas....optional, include a stocking 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me today......keep well and safe xx

3 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea, love it. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! what a fantastic idea love them so cute My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, what a fabulous idea.
    Thanks for entering the AYLI challenge - good luck!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by, and taking time to leave a comment, always very much appreciated, Lisa xx