Followers

Friday 16 June 2023

Dad's and/or Lad's with the Cuties

 Well, hello my lovely blog chums.....I sincerely hope that some of you are still about, its been a while since my last post. The last few months have been, pretty much, the most difficult for me and my family. If you've followed my blog you may be aware that my husband has had his fair share of ongoing health issues, and most recently had been undergoing a number of kidney stent operations. At the beginning of March he had one of these operations but following this he suffered the most awful water infection. There were complications, and very, very sadly, my darling Alistair passed away on 7th April. We had been together since, 1995 and married for 23 years - my heart was broken. 

My family, friends and work colleagues have been wonderful and so supportive, as I learn to cope with my grief and pick up the threads of my life again. 

Whilst I've not felt much like blogging, I have found comfort and solace at my craft desk, and I am hoping to find a suitable way to sell my cards to raise funds for a number of charities, in memory of Alistair.

Life has to go on, so I've decided to hop back on here. We have a new challenge this week with The Cutie Pies, which quite poignantly is all about 

Dad's and/or Lads 


This gorgeous stamp was an unpackaged Charity shop find, so I've no idea of the make but I think its one that you will see again here....its adorable and so lovely to colour, for which I used Promarkers. I used a Kraft card stock for my layering here, and paired with the card base. The polka dot paper is from Limetree Crafts, and the plaid paper is from a pad from The Range. I added a die cut pennant and a die cut button, with a wee bit of twine added. The sentiment tag is from LOTV. 


I would like to enter these challenges please:
ALLSORTS - #732, birthday or anything goes 
MY TIME TO CRAFT #509 Masculine cards
MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES #155 cards for a man or boy

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me x 

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, I am so so sorry to read your news. My heart goes out to you and those you love.
    Hugs Anne xx
    PS Great card as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    this is a fabulous card and your design looks brilliant.
    Love that stamp and what a great find.
    You have coloured it beautifully too.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by, and taking time to leave a comment, always very much appreciated, Lisa xx